Recipe: Delicious Smoked whole chicken and turkey legsStep by step
Benefit Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs website.
You fulfill roasting melt Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs accepting 15 prescription as well as 7 also. Here you are perform.
instructions of Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs
- This 2 of whole chickens 3-5 lbs each.
- also 1 package of turkey legs.
- a little 1 of orange.
- add 1 of lemon.
- give 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- give 4 sprigs of tarragon.
- a little 5 cups of sugar.
- add 3 1/4 cups of kosher salt.
- a little 2/3 cup of chili powder.
- give 1/4 cup of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- then 6 of dried bay leaves.
- also 1 tablespoon of chopped dehydrated onion.
- then 3 gallons of water.
Smoked whole chicken and turkey legs process
- Combine 3 cups of kosher salt, 4.5 cups sugar, 6 bay leaves, 1 tbsp chopped dehydrated onions and 3 gallons water to make the brine. Soak the chickens and turkey legs in the brine and refrigerate over night or minimum 4 hours..
- Make the rub. I used Myron Mixon's 'The only other barbecue rub you need' recipe. Combine 2/3 cup chili powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup onion powder, 1/4 garlic powder and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Soak your choice of wood chunks in water (I used mesquite). Light the charcoal in the smoker. Slice up the orange and lemon into approximately 12 pieces each..
- Rinse the chicken and turkey in cold water and pat dry..
- Stuff each chicken with half an orange, half a lemon, 1 sprig rosemary and 2 sprigs of tarragon..
- Cover the chickens and turkey legs on all sides with the rub..
- Put the chicken breast side up and the turkey legs on the smoker. Smoke at 275° for 3.5 hours or until the white meat hits 160 and the dark reaches 180. Check the temp periodically and add more charcoal and wood chunks as needed..