Recipe: Delicious Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey LegThat works
Brand new Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg online. Origin of southern collard greens: Collard greens have been cooked and used for centuries. Watch me make these Southern Collard Greens from start to finish! Serve the turkey leg pieces right along with the greens and savor a little piece of history!
Collard, mustard, or turnip greens on the other hand were a constant in my household. Add collards (if using fresh make sure and clean well, remove stems, and chop),garlic, and pepper flakes turn heat to medium. Add smoked turkey leg, onion, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, chicken broth into Pressure Cooker. You operate sizzling panfry Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg using 9 process so 6 furthermore. Here is how you pull off.
process of Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg
- use 3 of collard green bunches.
- also 1 of small onion roughly chopped.
- a little 3 cup of chicken broth (can use stock).
- give 3 clove of garlic roughly chopped.
- This 1 tbsp of red pepper.
- a little 1 of smoked turkey leg (or wing!).
- use to taste of salt and pepper.
- a little of hot sauce.
- This 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Then add collard greens on top, pushing down so that the greens are not sticking out the pressure cooker. Place lid on pressure cooker, making sure the valve is set to "Sealing." Pressure cook on high. Cooking collard greens in the Instant Pot is the new wave for us. The cook time is amazing and will save you a ton of extra time, especially around the My family switched from using salt pork and ham hocks to season our greens years ago.
Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Leg in succession
- Rinse and clean greens. Separate greens from stems. Discard stems..
- Roll greens and do a rough chop. Set aside..
- In a large pot, sautee olive oil, onions, and garlic till slightly browned..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and turkey leg. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Strip meat from turkey leg if necessary for the liquid to absorb the flavor..
- Add greens to pot. Cook on low for 45 minutes to an hour. Do not boil!.
- Taste! Add salt and pepper to taste. May also add hot sauce or vinegar.
We now use either a smoked turkey leg or turkey wing. Saute onions and garlic in oil until soft and add turkey wing. Add chicken stock and chopped or torn greens. Try this classic collard greens recipe with smoked turkey that's fall-off-the-bone tender. Serve with a sweet homemade cornbread for a classic southern meal.